Wednesday 7 April 2021

Poem- Migration Kid

 Poem

Migration Kid

I saw my friends read fluently,

But I crawled from word to word,

The books are my enemy,

But I don’t want to be a coward.

 

Every day is a nightmare for me,

I could only learn some,

Teacher, I lived in a nightmare,

But I am puzzled, from whom shall I seek for better knowledge.

 

Living as a migration never be my opt,

The moment I heard my name being called,

I felt nothing except embarrassment,

Is it fair to put the blame on an innocent child?

 

I want to be a doctor,  I want to be a leader,

Yesterday, I bumped onto an angel,

She smiled at me with the most welcoming smile,

I never felt so welcomed and eager,

To be a great reader and learner.

 

 -Written By Hanis Syahirah-

2021


3 comments:

  1. Such a sad poem 😢. Though I like the ending. The choice of rhyming words are great too. Perhaps you could consider to change some of the tenses to past tense. Overall, great piece of work 💪

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comment. Will do some improvisations on that. Thank you <3

      Delete
  2. What a great poem! Although im not an immigrant, i can feel and understand the feeling of that child through your writing. Well done!

    ReplyDelete

CREATIVE WRITING TSLB 3252

  Non-Fiction (Diary) Dear Diary, Things have been very tough lately. Battling with missing and home sick feelings, I try to shoo it awa...